Want to host a truly spectacular surprise birthday party for someone you care about?
Then this is the blog post for you!
Whether you want to keep the celeb low-key or go all out, we have you covered.
Surprise birthday party ideas in Vegas that truly take the cake!
From ax throwing to attending a comedy event, here are the top 7 surprise birthday celebration options that Sin City has to offer!
- Ax throwing
- Mini golf (like they’ve never done it before)
- Going on a real-world adventure at Lost Reality (yeah, that’s us!)
- Retail therapy on the Vegas Strip
- Go bar hopping
- Treat them to a spa day
- LOL at a comedy club
Aiming real metal axes at targets.
The birthday boy/gal will feel the adrenaline build up as you grip the ax handle, and then experience the rush as they swing and release and watch the ax hurtle towards the target.
It’ll be an exhilarating and even cathartic experience that they’ll be talking about for weeks!
There are plenty of places in Las Vegas where you can host an ax throwing birthday party – ranging from Axehole Vegas to Dueling Axes and Axe Monkeys.
Depending on where you book, partygoers could get opportunities for a lot more than just ax throwing…ranging from spear throwing to a rage room.
Mini golf (like they’ve never done it before)
Putt-putting on a birthday?
The birthday person is probably going meh, done that.
What they haven’t done is mini golf at a KISS (yes, Gene Simmons’ KISS) themed course at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino.
I’ll just let their website do the talkin’
KISS by Monster Mini Golf location is a unique 13,000 square-foot “KISS themed” attraction that showcases an indoor glow-in-the-dark custom-designed, rockin’ 18-hole miniature golf course filled with state-of-the-art video , design and never-seen-before KISS props.
Go for the golf, gaze at the KISS memorabilia, groove to the DJ’s tunes, and leave with the prizes y’all win from the trivia contests.
Visit the KISS By Monster Mini Golf website.
Going on a real-world adventure at Lost Reality (yeah, that’s us!)
The ultimate birthday surprise!
Give ‘em a chance to go on an adventure of the kind they’ve always dreamed of.
The entire group will be assigned a mission led into a themed room.
Your challenge – to work as a team to solve puzzles, crack codes and spot clues on how to move forward and ultimately accomplish your mission before time runs out!
Here at Lost Games, you have 4 escape room adventures to choose from, to surprise your loved one with:
- The Asylum: Doctor’s Secret that sees you try to unearth the mystery behind bizarre happenings and patients vanishing at Solitude Heights Asylum.
- The Asylum: Playtime, the sequel to Doctor’s Secret, in which you’ve uncovered the secret of Solitude Heights, but now have to escape the madhouse before you’re caught and made to disappear…
- The Fortune Teller, a mix between immersive theater and escape room where you try to avert a looming disaster.
- The Floor Is Lava – think of this as a game of chess, only one where the stakes are much higher!
Sounds like the kind of thing the birthday person would relish?
Start planning the surprise birthday party now!
Shopping on the Vegas Strip
You’ve long been concerned about how your friend is doing and your official prescription is a strong dose of retail therapy on their birthday?
There’s enough shopping action on the Strip to make ‘em shop till they drop.
- We suggest starting at The Forum Shops At Caesars. One of the best window shopping destinations, and with fountains, Roman statues and luxurious décor to gaze at.
- The Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian houses both independent brands and large retailers. And it comes complete with gondolas and singing gondoliers.
- Town Square is an open-air, family-friendly shopping, dining and entertainment center.
- Located lakeside, next to the Bellagio Resort, Via Bellagio is an upmarket shopping space featuring designer boutiques and Bellagio designer shops.
- And finally there are the Wynn Plaza Shops with around 30 stores housing brands such as Balmain, Hermès, Louis Vuitton, Omega, Saint Laurent and Stella McCartney.
Go bar hopping
Sometimes, the most obvious choices can form the best surprises!
After all, what could be more obvious in Vegas than going on a bar crawl? Except maybe hitting the casinos…
Be that as it may, a bar crawl could be just the birthday surprise your special someone was looking forward to!
You could of course go the DIY route, but we’d suggest signing up for a professional bar crawl. That gives you a much better chance of getting VIP access to the best clubs and pool parties, selecting venues with express entry, and escaping having to pay a lot of charges.
In other words, having the ultimate Vegas bar crawl.
Treat them to a spa day
What better occasion to get pampered than a birthday?
- Qua Baths And Spa at Caesars has 3 Roman baths – the Caldarium, the Tepidarium and the Frigidarium – to restore your skin and relax your muscles.
- Inspired by desert landscapes, the Sahra Spa, Salon & Hammam at The Cosmopolitan looks to give you a holistic treatment to achieve balance and relaxation.
- The Spa at ARIA offers a range of experiences from a classic massage to their unique indulgences, marked by a signature fragrance and an infinity-edge therapy pool.
- The Spa at Wynn – possibly Vegas’ first spa to win a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award – is especially well-known for its couples rituals.
LOL at a comedy club
It’s always a good time to have a hearty chuckle. Especially these days.
Which is what makes heading to a comedy club an especially thoughtful treat for the birthday girl/boy.
- Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club – Remember officer/uncle Robert from Everybody Loves Raymond? Yeah, this is his – as in the actor who played him, Brad Garrett’s – club.
- Laugh Factory – Features an innovative mix of newbies and established names in their lineups making for a unique experience every time.
- Comedy Cellar – Although the NYC one is the best-known, our Las Vegas Comedy Cellar is fast catching on with all-American chortle-your-popcorn-out level shows.
- Jimmy Kimmel’s Comedy Club – Well, with Kimmel’s rep you know what you can expect down there…
- LA Comedy Club – Funnily enough, it isn’t located in LA. Nevertheless, they have brought some great names like Felipe Esparsa and Loni Love to the city.
Started planning the birthday surprise yet?
Hopefully this list proved of use to you in planning your loved one’s surprise birthday celebration.
When selecting the activities, remember to think about the birthday person’s preferences and go for those that you think they’d like to experience.
All the best putting together a killer Las Vegas birthday party for your friend!